Many new campers have a hard time remembering everything they need for camp!
Here is a sample packing list to help you make sure you don’t leave anything behind!
In the cabin
- Warm Bedding for a small cot, warmer than you need at home (including sheets) or sleeping bag –
couples can push two cots together for queen size bed effect
- Flash Lights / Battery Powered Lanterns / Batteries
- Alarm Clock – get to breakfast & classes on time!
- Snacks – in case you sleep through breakfast!
- Fire Starters / Matches / Newspaper – each cabin has a fireplace
- Trash Bag
- Ear plugs in case your cabin-mate snores
In the lavatory
- Towels / Washcloths
- Toiletries / Shower Supplies in an easy portable bag
- Flip Flops / Shower shoes
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
Clothes & Shoes
- Day – Layerable “campy” Clothes
- Night – Fancy outfits (Costumes for Saturday)
- Comfortable Dancing Shoes (duh!)
- Walking around shoes – tennis shoes, etc.
- Notebook for taking class notes
- Batteries for everything
- Band Aids
- Water Bottle
- Flashlight – a must!
- Hat, Mittens, Scarf, Warm Coat – it can get very cold!
- Rain coat – there is a slight chance of rain
- Any medicine or special foods you need
- Camera or video cam
- Air Mattress
- Camping Chairs
- Cooler full of liquid refreshments
- Boom box for your cabin (battery powered) & CDs
- Hersheys / Graham Crackers / Marshmallows / Toasting Sticks!
- There are no stores near by and it is a big schlep to town. Try to bring everything you will need for the weekend, keeping in mind that all meals are provided.
- There is no electricity in the cabins. Everything has to be battery powered, and no candles or oil lamps are allowed. The cabins can also be kind of dark, so having a battery powered lantern or two is a great idea.
- Don’t forget that we are having a cabin decorating contest on Saturday during the social hour. Consider entering!